Keep Abreast Support Group This breast cancer support group meets monthly on the first Monday at the Cancer Therapy and Research Center, 7979 Wurzbach Road in the Grossman Library on the first floor. 6:00-7:00 is for metastatic breast cancer and 7:00-9:00 is for all breast cancers. Suzi Emanuel is the facilitator. Call Suzi at 210-365-1321 for more information or sent an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. When a holiday falls on the 1st Monday the group meets on the 2nd Monday.
PRMA Pink Ladies - Breast Reconstruction Support Group meets the 3rd Wednesday of every month in PRMA Plastic Surgery's office from 6:00pm-7:30pm- See more
American Cancer SocietyCoping With Breast Cancer - For USAA employees; meets the last Thursday of every month from 11:30-12:30 at USAA. Contact Brigett Jourdan, R.N., 498-1385. I Can Cope - Series of eight classes for people with cancer and their families and friends. Contact the Patient Services Department at 614-4211. Look Good, Feel Better - This program offers information to women undergoing cancer treatment to help them look and feel more comfortable with the changes in their appearance. Contact Patient Services Department at 614-4211. Reach to Recovery - Volunteers who are breast cancer survivors visit patients before and after surgery, and provide them support and answer questions. Contact the Patient Services Department at 614-4211. Dialogue - An ongoing support group designed to help patients, their families, and friends, better understand and learn to live with cancer. Support groups meet at the following locations:
- El Carmen Wellness Center #1 - 18555 Leal Road. Meets last Tuesday of each month at 6:30p.m. Contact Sr. Constance Hummel, RN, 626-2485.
- Rogers Middle School - 314 Galway. Meets 2nd Thursday of each month at 5:30 p.m. Contact Naomi Cruz, 333-7551.
- St. Matthews Catholic Church - 10703 Wurzbach Road. Meets 4th Monday of each month at 7:30 p.m. Contact Eleanor Freeman, 342-8860.
- University Family Health Center - 1055 Ada Street. Meets the 3rd Thursday of each month at 2:00 p.m. Contact Carol Mancinas, 358-5703.
- University Health Clinic - 527 N. Leona. Meets every Wednesday at 9:00 a.m. Contact Carmen Boudreau, 358-3620.