2016 applicants must meet and agree to the following scholarship qualifications before completing and submitting the application at the bottom of this page.
These are considered partial scholarships and may or may not cover your entire trip.
- Only applicants who have not received this scholarship within the past 5 years are eligible.
- Must be at least 1 year out of primary breast cancer treatment
- If an international advocate, must speak fluent English and must hold a valid passport and necessary visas to travel to and from the U.S.
- Must have completed NBCC’s Project LEAD Scientific Institute or have scientific knowledge of breast cancer through various programs, including but not limited to AACR Science – Survivor program, Research Advocacy Network’s RAN scholarship recipient, or oncology nurse specializing in breast cancer patient programs. Or you must describe your scientific qualifications in breast cancer.
- Must be a member of a Not-For-Profit cancer patient advocacy group that demonstrates a charitable mission, is engaged in patient advocacy activities, and provides programs, services, and support for people with breast cancer.
- The application must be completed and submitted by September 1, 2016 at 10:00 PM Central Time.
- Each application will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- All decisions are final. ABCF will not enter into any discussions regarding its decision.
- Recipients are responsible for making their own travel and hotel arrangements, either on their own or by using the SABCS services for hotel and travel.
- Upon formal acceptance of their attendance scholarship, recipients are committed to attend the SABCS.
- In the event that the recipient is no longer able to attend, they must immeditely inform ABCF. Attendance scholarships are non-transferable.
- If an applicant receives travel, hotel, or SABCF/Patient Advocacy Program attendance funding from any other source, they must inform ABCF at the earliest possible opportunity and immediately withdraw their application.
Attendance & Work Requirements:
- Must attend the entire SABCS conference from December 5 through December 10, 2016, plus the Orientation (Dec. 5), Welcome Dinner (Dec. 5), Project LEAD Advanced Topics (Dec. 6), ABCF/AACR Special Session (Dec. 6 evening) and all of the Hot Topic Mentor Sessions (Dec. 7, 8, & 9).
- Must attend the entire Patient Advocacy Program. Must attend the Hot Topics Mentor Sessions Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and stay for the entire time.
- Must write a “Hot Topic” report, which will be assigned to you during the conference (due January 5, 2017)
Scholarships will be awarded in the following amounts top those who meet the qualifications and are selected:
- Texas resident: $1,200
- U.S. Resident: $1,700
- Canada, Alaska, Hawaii Puerto Rico: $2,200
- International $2,700
PLEASE NOTE: All scholarships are taxable in the United States and are listed in U.S. currency.
If you meet all of the above qualifications, please click here to complete your application.