In town Events
- 15 – Health Fair at the Westin Riverwalk, 420 West Market Street from 11:00am until 4:00pm. There will be two shifts for volunteers 11:00am until 1:30pm and 1:30pm until 4:00pm. Lunch will be available for the first shift. Free Valet Parking will be available. Contact Dale Eastman at email@example.com to volunteer.
- 2 at 7:45am for 30minutes. Sandi Stanford and Dale Eastman will be doing a short presentation at Blair Young Construction, 4358 Centergate, San Antonio 78217 (off of Perrin Bietel) for their employees who are going to donate a portion of their October paycheck to ABCF. Having more than two ABCF volunteers would be helpful. Email Dale Eastman at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can join us.
- 4- Health Fair at Lamson Institute, 5819 N W Loop 410, from 9:00am until 1:00pm. Contact Dale Eastman at email@example.com to volunteer.
- 17, 2016 The 14th Annual Breast Cancer Update Conference, presented by Texas Oncology
- 17- Cancer Awareness Event is being held in Seguin, Texas at Central Park in downtown Seguin from 10:00am until 2:00pm. Dale Eastman will carpool volunteers to the event. Email Dale Eastman at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can attend.September 20- Health and Wellness Fair at Highmark Vision Holding Company (HVHC), 175 East Houston Street, San Antonio 78205. There will be two shifts 11:30am until 1:30pm and 1:30pm until 3:30pm. Please email Dale Eastman if you can volunteer email@example.com.
- 26- Healthy Women Make Healthy Communities Outreach and breast cancer screening program being held at the Neighborhood Place from 9:00am until 1:00pm. Contact Dale Eastman at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
Out of Town Events
- 9-10-Palliative Care in Oncology Symposium being held at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis. For more information email: email@example.com
- 23-25, 2016 2016 Living Beyond Breast Cancer Conference: Individual Treatments, Shared Experiences. Travel grants and fee waivers are available to help offset conference expenses for those who qualify and discounts are available for caregivers and friends. Philadelphia, PA.
- 17-18- 12th Annual Breast Health Summit being held at Bayou City Event Center, 9401 Knight Road, Houston, Texas 77045. For more information go to www.bhctexas.org.
- 23-25, 2017– ASCO sponsored Clinical Immuno-Oncology Symposium being held at the Hyatt Regency Orlando register at immunosym.org in late August.
- 22-23–Avon Walk in Houston Texas. ABCF will have a team and needs walkers and crew to sign up. Walkers need to raise $1800 and crew does not have to raise funds. Contact Dale Eastman at 210-492-2554 for information or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Conference calls and Webinars
July 20- Telephone or Webcast Education Workshop titled “Triple Negative Breast Cancer and African American Women” from 12:30pm until 1:45pm. Register at 800-813-4673 or www.cancercare.org/connect.
- Diva Calendar
DIVA provides exercise, nutrition and artful healing programs for breast cancer patients and survivors.