In Town Events & Conference Calls
- 26, Healthy Women Make Healthy Communities Breast Cancer Screening and Awareness Day
Thursday, October 26, 2017
Program starts at 10:00am with presentations on new state health plans providing coverage for low income and uninsured women
Neighborhood Place. 3014 Rivas St.
Limited free mammograms for qualified women. Can schedule a mammogram online at or call 210-358-7020.
· The Healthy U Express mobile mammography van will be on site
· Ages 40-64 uninsured and low-income
· Appointment recommended
· Information on Medicaid managed care for treatment of breast & cervical cancer
· Information on breast & cervical cancer services through Healthy Texas Women Program
· Diabetes Checks
· Refreshments and gifts
- 11, Save the date University of Texas San Antonio Health Fair at Witte Museum from 8:00 am until 11:30 am
Out of Town EventsSeptember
- 25-28- AACR Conference on The Science of Cancer Health Disparities in Racial/Ethnic Minorities and the Medically Underserved, Sheraton Hotel, Atlanta, GA.
- Diva Calendar DIVA provides free exercise, nutrition and artful healing programs for breast cancer patients and survivors.
- Cancer.Net Online Course on Precision Medicine
- Chapter 1 Overview of Precision Medicine in Oncology
- Chapter 2 Role of Precision Medicine
- Chapter 3 Clinical Trial Designs for Precision Medicine
- Chapter 4 Targeted Therapies
- Chapter 5 Molecular Diagnostics