- What if women received the assistance and guidance to get them through one of the most difficult challenges in their lives?
- What if there were adequate funding for breast cancer research, treatment and screening?
- What if the latest discoveries were applied right away to help reduce patient suffering and mortality?
To end breast cancer by assisting patients, informing health professionals and policymakers, and expanding knowledge through education and community outreach.
A world free of breast cancer.
Not Just the ABC's, but the XYZ'sABCF is a nonprofit breast cancer organization that not only sheds light on the ABC's of breast cancer through education, outreach and patient assistance but also advocates for legislation at both state and federal levels to end the disease. Please join. ABCF, a member of the National Breast Cancer Coalition (NBCC), runs a grassroots advocacy program to eradicate the presence of breast cancer in our society. Our efforts are to:
- Increase funding for breast cancer research.
- Promote research into the cause, cure and prevention of breast cancer.
- Improve access to high-quality screening, diagnosis and treatment for all women.
- Increase the involvement of those living with breast cancer in research and legislation.
Key Programs and Activities
- Patient Advocate Program: Component of the Annual San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium
- Community Outreach: Educational Seminars, Health Fairs, Helpline and Patient Assistance, including funding of mammograms and follow-up tests for uninsured and underinsured women
- Quarterly Newsletter
- Legislative Advocacy: State and Federal Legislative Initiatives